Ash Wednesday will be on February 22 in 2023, and it is the start of the Lenten season (see Why Baptist Churches Should Celebrate Lent). I have updated and compiled below some helpful links as you begin planning your worship services for the coming weeks.
Remember that Easter is much more powerful if we help our congregations experience the Lenten season in the days leading up to Easter.
Check out these articles:
- Why Baptist Churches Should Celebrate Lent
- Service ideas for Holy Week:
- Lent: A Crash Course for the Modern Church Worship Leader
- Lent Planning Workshop
Here, you will find resources to locate new songs for the season as well as great arrangements of hymns:
- Contemporary Hymn Arrangements for Lent/Easter
- Easter Hymns, service guides and medleys from HymnCharts.com
- Easter songs from LifeWayWorship
- Spotify playlist of Top 50 Worship Songs for Easter from LifeWayWorship.
- Songs about the cross from LifeWayWorship
- The top 100 songs looking toward Easter from PraiseCharts.com
- Worship music for Easter from PraiseCharts.com
- Top 60 songs about the cross from PraiseCharts.com
- The top 100 modern hymns for Easter from PraiseCharts.com
Here are a number of creative resources to help build your services:
- A list of drama resource sites (explore their subject searches)
- A list of video resource sites (explore their subject searches)
- A list of service ideas, readings, prayers, seasonal resources and much more–many you can search by scripture text. (explore their subject searches)
- Easter worship resource list from re:Worship
- Easter resource guide from Calvin Institute of Christian Worship
- Lenten/Easter articles from Reformed Worship
- Easter worship ideas from EngageWorship.com
- Online resources for the Season of Easter from Textweek.com
- Easter worship resources from ThePastorsWorkshop.com
- Free Easter graphics and more from LifeChurch
- Creative service ideas from rethinkworship.com
Do you have other great resources to share?
Resources for planning worship services for Lent and Easter Click To Tweet