Worship Leader Boot Camp: BEYOND EXTREME
Intense Online Worship Leader Training Now Available
Check out the many options and material of the Worship Leader Boot Camp. This Beyond Extreme option takes all the material in the Worship Leader Boot Camp PLUS much additional practical material for leading a worship ministry and expands it to an online class with instructor interaction and feedback in one of two options:
Cohort Study: A small group selected to participate in these classes will work through online video teaching, resources, projects, forums, etc. to learn the material thoroughly. The group will meet each week with the instructor in a video conference to discuss the material (optional). Additionally, there is much interaction online with the instructor and classmates. Two weeks are devoted to completing a final project for the class. Participants must be committed to the entire 12 weeks. Unlike most online courses, this one has instructor interaction.
Independent Study: You have up to six months to complete the work described in the Cohort Study above. However, there is no interaction with other students nor weekly online video class meetings.
Worship Leadership Certificate and College Credit
All work is done via the Moodle Classroom online platform at WorshipClass.org. Successful completion of this class grants college credit towards any degree at Fruitland Baptist Bible College. Also, all who complete the course satisfactorily will be granted a Basic Certificate in Worship Leadership by Fruitland Baptist Bible College. [$199, discounts for NC Baptist churches] More information
Overview of Core Material
Here’s an overview of the basic material for the course. This BEYOND EXTREME class adds much supplemental material to the basics.
Want to Participate?
This Cohort Study runs August 4 – October 26, 2020. The cost for this course is $149 for NC Baptists ($199 for others as space allows). The Independent Study can begin at any time.
If you are from a NC Baptist church and are interested in this class, please fill out this form and you will be contacted. If you are not from a NC Baptist church and are interested in this class, fill out this form.
This class will encourage and equip worship leaders to guide their churches in worship renewal and greater participation in worship.
Can’t Decide Which Variation Is Best for You?
The Cohort Study with other participants gives you the great benefit of learning from one another. However, some participants found it difficult to keep up with the work. Getting behind in the 12-week model can be detrimental to the class experience. So, if you can commit to the time to the class experience, it is the preferred route, however, the Independent Study route covers the same material and has the same expectations minus the class interaction piece. This is best for those that need time flexibility to accomplish the class in a six-month period, if needed.
NOTE: At this time, we are only offering the COHORT model. Let us know if you would like to be on the waiting list for the independent study to begin.
The projects, assignments, class lessons and more lead up to the final project outlined below. Skills needed to complete the project will be acquired during the class. As you can see, the course works towards meeting the needs of your weekly work to plan, rehearse and lead transformational worship experiences for your church.
Plan a Sunday morning worship service.
Preferably use WorshipPlanning.com or other online planning application.
- Select the sermon topic and synopsis for the morning
- Select songs for the congregation with consideration of key links and text links. You may use the conference song list or songs that your congregation knows. Include one new song in the service and note how you are using it/introducing it.
- Select other elements of worship such as presentation music (choir, ensemble, etc.) Scripture reading, drama, video, liturgical dance, etc.
- Create a flow from beginning to end.
- Plan the way each song will be presented, instrumentation, sequence, presentation, verbal inclusions (if any).
- Plan all transitions.
- For songs, look at seamlessly joining any groups of two or more. Plan out exactly how that will play out. Which of the three types of music transitions will you use to connect two or more songs?
- For all other elements, plan how one element will flow to the other. Be specific.
- PREPARATION once the plan is made
- Describe how you will prepare the worship leaders for the service.
Musicians, anyone speaking, technicians, etc.
- Describe how you will prepare the worshippers for the service.
How will you help them be prepared to come to worship this week?
- Describe how you will prepare yourself for the service.
The final project should clearly show the sermon information, the worship order with clear notations about the transitions (musical, verbal, other) and commentary to help the reader fully understand the plan and how to implement it. Following the service plan, describe in detail the preparation that will be done for the worship leaders (see above), congregation, and yourself.