In part two of the first night of our Renewing Worship EXPO, Mike Harland, director of LifeWayWorship, shared general trends and paradigms in worship. Take a look at the first part of the presentation.
NOTE: The audio problems have been repaired in the video and audio files.
Below is an outline of the points from Mike’s talk:
From My Point of View–General Trends
- Unified Worship Services
- Technology Invades (streaming, stems, visuals)
- Inter-Generational Leadership (choirs/teams)
- Kid’s Choir and Student Choirs
- Worship Teams and/or Choirs
- Minister of Music or Worship Pastor? Artist or Shepherd?
- Concentric Circles of Discipleship
- Integrated Worship Ministry (shared ministry)
- Intentional Song Velocity
- Emphasis on Engagement (vs. attraction)
- The Return of Corporate Prayer (vs. service prayer)
- The Rise of the Segue (worship set)
- Not Everything That Can Be Done Should Be
To learn more about how to flesh these essentials out, consider one of our Worship Leader Boot Camps.