Video Presentation Computer Suggestions
SPECS NEEDED FOR PROPRESENTER
- OS: Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.12 (Sierra), or 10.13 (High Sierra)
- Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor or better
- RAM: 4 GB RAM (8 GB recommended)
- Graphics: While not required, a dedicated graphics card with 1GB VRAM is recommended, particularly if playing back a wide variety of HD video files
- Stage Display: Additional output required for stage display function (third video out – PCI or USB). Only the Mac mini and MacBook Air lack a third video out port.
COMPUTER & KEYBOARD
Apple Mac Mini $1,048.00
I would choose the $999 configuration and add the Apple Keyboard.
I like a big monitor for this, but a smaller one will also work. I read several reviews of people using these monitors with Mac Mini with high ratings.
You can purchase the Apple Mouse with the computer for $79.00. I personally do not like the Apple Mouse. I would prefer a mouse like this one. Batteries last about two years in these.
Logitech M510 Wireless Large Mouse, Black $17.99
ADDITIONAL VIDEO OUTPUT ADAPTER
If you can run ProPresenter Stage Display on the back monitor (will need separate monitor input for rear projector), then you will need this adapter. if all three screens HAVE to be identical, you will not need this.
ProPresenter $319 for single license and $639 for campus license purchased through BSCNC (plus sales tax)
Media Shout $399 for one computers. $469 for site license