Broken Before The Throne: A Prayer Gathering
General Comments: Throughout the service, the keyboard provided quiet background music for the times of corporate prayer that led directly into congregational singing. Many songs during the prayer service had to be shortened to 1-3 minutes. You will see the arrangement notes for these shortened songs. Click on the note of the source of the arrangement to go to the webpage of that product. See also other documents for more detail on other components of the service
FOR MORE RESOURCES FOR PLANNING THIS SERVICE. CHECK OUT OUR RESOURCE PAGE.
Before Prayer Service Begins: Victory in Jesus (LifeWayWorship arrangement, key of F)
Our band had a horn section, so the horns played from the PraiseChart arrangement while the rest of the band played from the LifeWay charts with changing the instrumental interlude before verse three to playing twice.
7:00-7:08pm Worship that leads up to the prayer service (8 minutes)
- Our God Saves (LifeWayWorship arrangement, key of C) We played entire song as written. At end of song, electric guitar sustained a C chord while drummer counted off four to segue directly into the introduction of the next song.
- Open Up the Heavens (LifeWayWorship arrangement, key of C) We played entire song as written.
7:08-7:25pm Introduction (17 minutes)
- Shofar (1 minute)
- Scripture Reading—Psalm 34:18; Psalm 51:16-17; Psalm 42:1-3; Psalm 85:6; Isaiah 64:1-4; (3 minutes)
- Opening Comments— general welcome and explanation of our desperate need for revival and spiritual awakening–share heart on the need for a movement of God (5 minutes)
- Video—Asbury Revival or Hebrides, etc. (3 minutes)
- Acts 3:19 and Spiritual Preparation—Focus Our Hearts on God (4 minutes)
- Worship Song (1 minute) Spirit of the Living God (SongSelect, key of F) ARRANGEMENT: Only piano, pads, and bass accompanied this song, done freely. No intro given (quiet music was in the key of F). Sung twice.
7:25-7:45pm Season of Prayer—Repentance (20 minutes)
- Prayer Instructions from Acts 3:19, —First component is Genuine Biblical Repentance–Spend some time in your own prayer closet reflecting on what Scripture has to say about your sin, confession and repentance. (1 minute)
- Scripture Readings and Season of Prayer toward Personal Confession and Repentance–Proverbs 6:16-19; 1 John 2: 15-17; Galatians 5:19-21 (2-3 prayer prompts on screen) (7 minutes)
- (2 minutes) How Deep the Father’s Love for Us (PraiseCharts arrangement, key of E-F) ARRANGEMENT: Horn starts intro out of quiet music. First verse, modulate to third verse, take song ending after m37
- Prayer Instructions—turn to the person next to you, reflect and pray toward the congregational sin that may be present in your church. (1 minute)
- Scripture Readings and Season of Prayer Toward Corporate Confession and Repentance—Nehemiah 1: 6-7; 1 John 1:9; Ezra 9:5-8; (7 minutes)
- Worship Song (2 minutes) Come Ye Sinners Poor and Needy (HymnCharts arrangement, key of f minor) ARRANGEMENT: Drum count-off and all in on Intro, then verse 1, verse 3, chorus (no repeat), take 2nd ending of chorus and OMIT ms 32-37.
7:45-8:00pm Season of Prayer—Return (15 Minutes)
- Prayer Instructions from Acts 3:19—We must not only confess and repent—we must return to the Lord—Run to Jesus—direct the praying (Break up into groups of 3-4 people) (2 minutes)
- Scripture Readings—Zechariah 1:1-3; James 4:8; Isaiah 55:7; Joel 2:12-13 (3 minutes)
- Season of Prayer Toward Returning to the Lord (3-4 prayer prompts on screen) (8 minutes)
- Worship Song (2 minutes) In Christ Alone (LifeWayWorship arrangement, key of D-Eb) ARRANGEMENT: Electric guitar begins introduction playing as written in arrangement. Only the verse 1 & 4. Skip from measure 20 to 42 (key change) and play to the end.
8:00-8:15pm Season of Prayer—Restore (15 Minutes)
- Prayer Instructions from Acts 3:19–speaks to God’s restoration in relationship through the forgiveness of sin—When He forgives—He restores—We will now pray toward God’s restoration (2 minutes)
- Scripture Reading —Psalm 51:10-13; Joel 2:25; Psalm 80:19; Isaiah 53:6 (3 minutes)
- Season of Prayer Toward God’s Restoration (3 prompts on the screen) (7 minutes)
- Prayer (2 minutes)
- Worship Song (1 minute) Lord, I Need You (SongSelect, key of F) ARRANGEMENT: We will sing only the first verse and the chorus twice followed by tag. (Horn parts play from LifeWay score TRANSPOSED – ms 59-64, playing only on the second chorus, no tag. No introduction, just begin singing out of background music in F.
8:15-8:25pm Season of Prayer—Refresh (10 Minutes)
- Prayer Instructions from Acts 3:19—When God’s People repent and return to Him—He restores them through His forgiveness and His renewed Holy Manifest Presence with them—We will now pray for the Lord’s refreshing and renewed presence with us—that our land may be healed—that His name be made known among the nations! (1 minute)
- Scripture Reading—Joel 2:18-19; Jeremiah 29:11-14; Psalm 19:7; 2 Chronicles 7:14 (3 minutes)
- Season of Prayer and Worship toward Refreshing (3 prayer prompts on screen) (5 minutes)
- Worship Song (1 minute) His Name Is Wonderful (SongSelect, key of F) ARRANGEMENT: sung once, freely, a cappella. No introduction, just begin singing out of background music in F.
8:25-8:35pm Closing Challenge/Prayer (5-10 minutes)
- Call Pastors, Ministry Staff to the front
- Challenge to go back and lead their Churches to gather and seek the Lord for Revival and spiritual Awakening, Challenge to get together with other pastors and churches to unite in prayer for revival and spiritual awakening
Closing worship/song This Is Amazing Grace (LifeWayWorship arrangement, key of F) ARRANGEMENT: Play measures 37-44 for introduction, then as written throughout from measure 3.