HOW TO DEVELOP A WELCOMING WORSHIP MINISTRY
A Thom Rainer Podcast
The Worship Guru, Mike Harland (of LifeWayWorship), joins us again today to discuss how you can use your worship ministry to help become a more welcoming church.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- The reason we have such a shortage of worship pastors is because the role has changed so much.
- Your worship ministry can shut down the guest experience and make guests feel like outsiders by only singing original music.
- When you’re planning a worship service do so through the lens of what a newcomer will experience.
- Worship ministry can sometimes aim at everything and hit none of it.
- Excellence in worship is more important than variety.
- Choir should be more than a worship style—it should be a discipleship strategy.
The four ways you can develop a welcoming worship ministry are:
- Avoid “Insider Trading”
- Nobody likes Worship Casserole
- Tick Tock, the Game is Locked
- To Thine Own Self Be true
This podcast episode originally appeared at ThomRainer.com and is used with permission.