Contemporary Congregational Hymn Arrangements for Lent/Easter
Last week, I shared ten modern songs your church should be singing in the Lenten/Easter season. This week, I share several excellent LifeWayWorship contemporary hymn arrangements for this season. These are great traditional hymns that have been updated to reflect a more contemporary sound. It is a great way to breathe new life into some of these great classics and to blend with many of the modern worship songs.
Here are some of my favorites that work well (each song is linked to the product page with full audio and print music preview):
- At the Cross – II
- Christ the Lord Is Risen Today – II
- Crown Him with Many Crowns – II
- How Great Thou Art – IV
- I Stand Amazed (How Marvelous)
- It Is Well with My Soul – II
- It Is Well with My Soul – IX
- Jesus Paid It All – II
- Jesus Paid It All – III
- My Jesus, I Love Thee – II
- Nothing But the Blood – III
- The Old Rugged Cross – VI
- There Is a Fountain – II
- Victory in Jesus – II
- When I Survey the Wondrous Cross – III
You will find several others in LifeWayWorship’s list of Contemporary Hymns. (Click here and choose “Show only: Contemporary Hymn.”) All of these come with complete orchestration, band charts, demo mp3s and tracks.
Also be sure to check out another great source for contemporary hymns at www.HymnCharts.com.
Did I leave out your favorites? If so, please add to comments.