With the current coronavirus crisis driving millions of people to isolation in their homes, this is a great time to work on a self-improvement strategy without the normal daily disruptions. Renewing Worship has partnered with Fruitland Baptist Bible College to offer a Certificate in Worship Leadership for those that complete our best online training–Worship Leader Boot Camp BEYOND EXTREME. A new class will be beginning on August 3.
Overview of Core Material
Here’s an overview of the basic material for the course. This BEYOND EXTREME class adds much supplemental material to the basics.
Focus areas include:
- Exploring biblical, missional, cultural and discipleship issues and how they relate specifically to local church settings.
- Planning worship services that really engage the congregation
- Planning sets of music and their connections (key and textual relationships)
- Modeling a worship arts team for worship planning
- Preparing the choir, instrumentalists, band, etc. for worship
- Preparing media for worship
- Preparing the congregation for worship
- Preparing personally for worship
- Leading the worship experience
The 12-week class will begin on August 3. A small group selected to participate in these classes will work through online video teaching, resources, projects, forums, etc. to learn the material thoroughly. The group will meet each week with the instructor in a video conference to discuss the material (optional). Additionally, there is much interaction online with the instructor and classmates. Two weeks are devoted to completing a final project for the class. Participants must be committed to the entire 12 weeks. Unlike most online courses, this one has instructor interaction.
Worship Leadership Certificate and College Credit
All work is done via the Moodle Classroom online platform at WorshipClass.org. Successful completion of this class grants college credit towards any degree at Fruitland Baptist Bible College. Also, all who complete the course satisfactorily will be granted a Basic Certificate in Worship Leadership by Fruitland Baptist Bible College.
Want to Participate?
Cost: The total cost is $199, members of churches affiliated with the Baptist State Convention of NC receive a $50 discount ($149).
Dates for the Cohort Study: August 3-October 26, 2020
If you are from a NC Baptist church and are interested in this class, please fill out this form to register. If you are not from a NC Baptist church and are interested in this class, fill out this form.