In order to be eligible to take the advanced audio class, you must either:
- Take the basics class offered Friday night or Saturday morning, or
- Place out of the basics class after taking a brief survey.
The Basics class covers these topics; if you don’t understand the concepts and aren’t proficient in these areas you will not receive the maximum benefit from the Advanced training.
- Basics of Sound
- Understanding the Mixer (attenuator, EQ, Aux busses, pre/post fader, gain structure)
- Using Effects
- Microphone types and selection
- Monitor mixes Avoiding Feedback
- System Limitations
- Basic Recording