One of my passions is training up students to be worship leaders. Unfortunately, this is an area of mentoring that is often overlooked in the local church.
Launching in the summer of 2019, the Student Worship Academy will be a five-day training camp for high school students (completed 9-12 grade) to develop skills which will allow them to use their God-given creativity to better serve the local church.
Students will spend time…
- Understanding the true meaning of worship
- Studying the language of music
- Training in a music (worship band, vocalists or other instruments), creative AV (photography, videography, graphics, design, etc.) or technical AV track (audio, lighting, video, presentation software, stage design, acoustics, etc.)
- Singing in a modern worship choir
- Exploring a customizable variety of skills in electives
- Worshipping together in dynamic evening worship experiences
- Connecting with others in family group discussions
All of this training and coaching will be facilitated by experienced, passionate leaders who serve the church and love to work with students.
Check out the Student Worship Academy website for much more preliminary information. Make plans now to involve your students in this training experience!