Today, Ash Wednesday, is the start of the Lenten season (see Why Baptist Churches Should Celebrate Lent). I have updated and compiled below some helpful links as you begin planning your worship services for the coming weeks.
Remember that Easter is much more powerful if we help our congregations experience the Lenten season in the days leading up to Easter.
Here, you will find resources to locate new songs for the season as well as great arrangements of hymns. You can also find multiple resources for helping the coming weeks come alive in the lives of your congregation.
- Nine modern worship songs for Lent/Easter
- The top 100 songs looking toward Easter from PraiseCharts.com
- The top 40 Easter hymn arrangements from PraiseCharts.com
- The top 80 modern hymns for Easter from PraiseCharts.com
- A compilation of hymns, contemporary hymn arrangements, and modern worship songs for Easter and Lent from LifeWayWorship.com.
- A list of drama resource sites (explore their subject searches)
- A list of video resource sites (explore their subject searches)
- A list of service ideas, readings, prayers, seasonal resources and much more–many you can search by scripture text. (explore their subject searches)
- Easter worship resource list from re:Worship
- Easter resource guide from Calvin Institute of Christian Worship
- Lenten/Easter articles from Reformed Worship
- Easter worship ideas from EngageWorship.com
See also Resources4Worship.org for many additional great service planning resources.
Do you have other great resources to share?Resources for planning worship services for Lent and Easter Click To Tweet Why Baptist Churches Should Celebrate Lent Click To Tweet